Monday 6 February 2012

The Daily Grind

I am now a good way through my next short story - the basic draft that is - still with tons of editing to plough through. Things have been a little slow for me this month; understandable when you move house and what with the daily grind (the real world, which none of us can avoid, no matter how fertile our imaginations are) it's a miracle I've even got to the computer at all!
     I'm doing my usual; putting unnecessary pressure on myself; taking far too much on and not sleeping when I should be. But then, sometimes - that works for me. I can't get too complacent after all. Easy to do when most of your work is produced at home and under your own steam.
    Deadlines are good; they help to keep you focused. Deadlines are what I need as I'm so easily distracted by old or shiny things, food...oh and the all consuming social network. With that in mind, I'm keeping the post short today - knowing that I really should be writing stories and not blogs. Then again, it's all practise, isn't it!
    The next Cafe Three-Zero eBook is out in the Spring - which gives us a few months to organise everything. However, that has to allow time for edits, book design, checks and double checks. The only brief for this collection of stories is that they're inspired by the word RED. I've done my brainstorming and have finally settled on an idea with the working title of Find The Lady. 
     There will be updates aplenty over the next few weeks, confirming the authors and final release dates. Volume 2 is shaping up to be bigger and better than Volume 1, with the word count for each story around 3000 words or more. So lots to look forward to in the Cafe Three-Zero camp and lots to read.

     Thanks for stopping by and if you wish to comment, please do so. I always do my best to reply. You can also follow me by email - so my posts go direct to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment